16 June 2011

UFOs

I think everyone has a few UFOs (Un-Finished Objects) in their craft room. I've been on a bit of a campaign recently to finish a few off. So here's what I'm up to at the moment.

I started this blanket when I was pregnant last year, and obviously got distracted by something else. 
I had wanted to try out domino knitting for a while, but finally got around to giving it a shot with this blanket. It started out as a good reason to use up some of my wool stash, but then of course I had to go buy more wool so that sort of defeated the purpose. Still, I plan on finishing it now, and possibly even expanding it further. (Aw, then I'll have to go buy more wool!)

My crochet granny square rug was started even longer ago, about four years.
 
I know that looks like a lot of squares, but I figure it's only about a third of what I need! My biggest problem with this UFO is that I don't have enough of the green coloured wool and the colour is now out of production! So I'm just spreading it as far as I can.

I'm being really obsessive compulsive with this blanket. I had this idea that the colour combination on every square should be different, so I charted up all the possible combinations and I'm marking them off as they're done. Really, I need to get a life!

Lastly, I bought this kit at a craft show last year from Morris Yarns. I need another scarf like I need a hole in my head, but the colours and pattern were just too tantalising!
 
You never know, I might actually wear this one, it's so beautiful! Either way, it's good practice at crocheting.

So, all of that is keeping me off the streets at the moment. It's actually very satisfying to finish off a few projects which have been sitting around for so long.


2 comments:

  1. Fun blanket! I'm glad you're finishing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm a new follower from the Promotion Team on Etsy. I have a few UFO's too. I hate it when the yarn you're using on a project is out of production. I've had that happen too.

    ReplyDelete