26 May 2011

Pinterest - There goes my free time!

I recently found a new website which has definitely captured my interest! Pinterest is a clever site which allows you to "pin" photos from all over the internet and collect them into albums. A friend told me that it sounds a lot like Tumblr (which I've never really used before) but Pinterest seems to have a particularly feminine, crafty and artistic bent to it which I'm loving.

So I've spent the last couple of days looking around the site, putting together albums of my own interests (including gorgeous homes with floor-to-ceiling bookshelves, which you can see here) and of course, a collection of inspirational craft ideas (which you can check out here). The site allows you to follow other people's albums as well, so you can find collections which suit your interests and have pictures from them pop up whenever you log in.

The site is currently invite only, but as a new member I have six invites to give you, so if anyone is interested, drop me an email and I'll send one over to you.

I'll give you one tip however: turn off the email alerts! Everyone is looking through everyone else's albums and repinning, and you don't need an email every single time that happens!

I get the feeling that I'm going to be spending a lot of time on this site, just seeing all the beautiful things that the world has to offer! I've already found a bunch of cute craft projects and a really clever idea for my brother's birthday this year.

And now, to drag myself away from the internet and go do some grocery shopping. *groan*

1 comment: